Friday, May 10, 2013

Koi Table Runner

I just finished this table runner using the pattern/directions
 in a previous post a week ago. 


The backing and border is one long hunk of  fabric 1/2 yard wide.
This pattern is so very easy.
The basic design is to sew a long tube and then finish the ends.

The picture below shows how I used one of the many machine decorative stitches
 to outline the picture/border


I backed the blue fabric with a fusible interfacing to stabilize the fabric
 for the Free-Motion quilting process.
I did not do any stitching on the blue - just the FMQing on the koi. 
When I use a metallic thread I use a metallic thread needle.
The eye is larger and the thread feeds smoothly.
The soft pink blotches were created by using
Ink Tense Colored Pencils and a water color brush.


The pattern for the koi is from Java House Quilts . 

Remember...
Keep Stitchin' For the Ones You Love!

Hugs from Mary

6 comments:

  1. Love! Are the gold spray like splotches part of the blue fabric? It's perfect for this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love the koi -- the fabric is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fish in the middle! That simple table runner made the rounds in our guilds. I guess I should try one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sketching with thread is so beautiful and what a great table runner. Your friend will love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow I commented here instead of on the birds, but I love this one too.

      Delete