Getting Ready For Italy!

We're planning a trip to Italy in September with another couple. We'll be gone for nearly a month, flying into Rome and out of Venice with a two week stay at a Tuscan villa near Lucca. Of course looking chic is a must! I posted earlier that I was working on a stylish fanny pack... Here is mine completed. The pattern is Sew 'n Go Hip Purse by joyofsewing.com .  I did a few thing differently, but basically followed the pattern. The front pleats allow the purse to expand as you stash stuff in it.


My friend, Kate wants one also, and suggested it would make a fine birthday present! She requested red and black. Lucky for her I had these glitzy scraps! I crazy quilted a big chunk, went down the seams with gold metallic thread using one of my fancy machine stitches, and cut out the pattern. The top opens with a heavy duty black and gold zipper. Inside a zippered pocket divides the purse into two sections.



The back side has a zippered pocket that perfectly holds the wallet I designed and made.



Here is the wallet. I used an elastic band to keep it closed, thus ensuring that the dollars/euros in the outside back pocket would safely stay there. The front vinyl window is for the ID/Drivers License.


This is the back side. I made a clear vinyl pocket for coins. A velcro strip keeps it securely closed. The dollars/euros go in the pocket behind the coins.


The inside has a zippered pocket where the passport fits securely and safely. The bottom section has folds for credit cards and a pocket for medical/insurance card and medication list, emergency contact info.


Here is the wallet I made for me, which I'm already using. I love that it is flat and light weight. There is not a place for a checkbook. Does anyone still carry one? 
I will stick a few checks in the inside pocket of my purse.


The outside back of my wallet does not have a vinyl coin pocket. I didn't get that great idea until I was making Kate's.


Here is the inside of mine labeled and ready to go. 
September 8th I'll slide the passport in and be on my way!


My next "get ready" project is to make two A-line cotton print skirts. 
But... before I cut them out I want to log many more miles on my bicycle, continue eating smaller portions, and continue staying away from wine and chocolate! (OMG, that is so hard to do!) I figure I have until the end of August... Then, no matter what my size, I must make those skirts!

Hugs to all from Mary

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Ghastly Party... It's BYOB!

April Showers Mug Rug Blog Hop