A Little Clutch

I've been working on several projects lately... Here's my attempt at a clutch purse...


The frame is 8". I used Guttermann glue to attach the fabric to the frame. I wish I would have taken a picture of the inside before I sent it to my sister-in-law, Bev, for her birthday. Twas fun to do and I'm going to make more.

I'm also working on a "designer" fanny pack for our trip to Italy in September. I took apart an old Eagle Creek purse and used some of the zippered pockets for the interior.


I also ripped out the heavy duty zipper and used it for the main opening in the new bag.


Of course I had to add some glitz and glamour to my fanny pack. I outlined the paisley by using a metallic gold thread while FMQuilting. Note that I also took the buckle system off another old fanny pack and will use it on this one. It's a little hard to see, but the front has pleats that allow the fanny pack to expand.
 Now I'm off to find black webbing straps to complete the belt. Then I'll sew it all together and be done.


I can also wear this as a shoulder bag.! 
The pattern I used is by: Barbara Weiland Talbert

Hugs from Mary

Comments

  1. What a great idea to use pockets from old purses.
    I love your clutch. Making a frame purse is on my list too, I thought that for my first try I should use a frame that allows to attach the bag to it with stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi everyone
    check out the fabrics at www.fabric-distributor.com,
    they have the cutest, cheapest and best quality fabrics
    come check them out!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Ghastly Party... It's BYOB!

April Showers Mug Rug Blog Hop