More Tote Bags and a Purse

I've taken a break from the spring gardening to make some birthday gifts and a new purse for me.

My purse is from Karen West's "Itty Bitty Bag" pattern. I love this size purse and have several.


I used a variegated thread to free motion the bamboo and then used the same thread to do a leaf and vine motif on the pockets. I used one of my machine's decorative threads to embellish the handles.

This is the knitting bag I made for my friend Cheri. It's from the Ghastly collection. The inside has pockets and places for knitting needles.




Last is the present for my friend, Alice. It's a chic BYOB bag to use when our community has Bring Your Own parties. I wanted it to be exotic and whimsical... if you look closely at the daisy pockets you will see that I embedded alligators in the flowers! I used gold metallic thread to outline the bamboo. Alice will LOL when she looks inside. I lined the bag with the leftover fabric I used when I made her whimsical foot cover after her ankle surgery. You can read about that here.


The bag is a 6" square with pellon sides and bottom. I can hold a bottle of cheer along with several wine glasses and napkins. Do you see the golden alligators in the daisies? Fun!
Extra stitching down the sides gives it shape and form.


I know the girls will get a kick out of these gifts and hopefully use them often.
Keep stitchin' for the ones you love! 
Hugs from Mary

Comments

  1. What wonderful gifts Mary - and I love your new purse. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are very beautiful.great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your bags are wonderful. Each with its own purseonality. Handmade gifts are always the very best kind. Creative Bliss...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you make these for sale? I love the. Ghastly knitting bag!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Ghastly Party... It's BYOB!

April Showers Mug Rug Blog Hop