Autumn Birch Trees - Confetti Method

Hello dear friends... I have really jumped into the deep end. I'm not sure I'm still on Planet Earth! I took a leap of faith today and tried confetti style landscape quilt art! You have to take all your precious batik scraps and cut them into the tiniest pieces and then sprinkle them where you think they might go! Shut the front door! Has someone lost their mind? How can you just sprinkle little fabric pieces and think it will work out??? Well, let's take a look...
I haven't even stitched and enhanced the trunks yet... and, I plan to "sprinkle more yellow leaves along with a few orange and red. I'm anxious to see what is going to happen... But, that will have to wait...

My sweet husband, Dick, and I are leaving tomorrow morning for the NC mountains and a wonderful week at Lake Lure with hiking, golfing... dining out... yum! I guess I have to leave my machine at home. Darn!

But, while we are out sight seeing, I have a planned route that will take us by two great quilt shops!! :)  Shucks, darling DH will have to ... who cares... I'm going in the quilt shop!

Keep stitchin' for the ones you love! I'll be back in 10 days with lots of new great ideas.
Hugs,
Mary

Comments

  1. I love the way the pieces spill out into the border. That is the plan, isn't it? Looking forward to seeing the progress on this one. Take an empty suitcase for all your finds at the quilt shops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love what you are doing. It looks like so much fun. I want to give this a try. Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely awesome!!Have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A Ghastly Party... It's BYOB!

April Showers Mug Rug Blog Hop